View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bgtg19
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Most cell phones these days have video cameras in them. During an AAU game 2 or 3 yrs ago a coach was getting loud with me. I went to my bag & got my cell phone, opened it up & started the video camera. When he asked what I was doing I played it back for him.

That shut him up.
Just a reminder to those who officiate in Michigan: Do not EVER take that cell phone with video/picture capability into a school locker room. It is illegal. It's not illegal to have it in the public gym like where Dan_ref was using it, but I'd still be careful about taking any kind of pictures where young people are present....

As for this game situation, I agree with the suggestion - the gracious suggestion, we've all been there - that this coach needed to be dealt with earlier. Regardless of whether or not that was done, you have to give the coach the T he earned by mouthing profanity at you.
Is it illegal to have the cell phone in your bag and carry your bag into the locker room with you? What do you do with your cell when you are changing?