View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Re: MSU/OSU

Quote:
Originally posted by Rizzo21
Imeadski:

Hey, I was at that game too and didn't pay much attention to that call you stated. However, another one I was curious about was when Lindsay Bowen (MSU) tipped a ball towards the sideline and it hit the Trail who was IN-bounds (and the ball stayed inbounds, Bowen recovered it). She whistled the ball dead and gave it to OSU. I thought balls hitting the official are the status of our position, in-bounds or out of bounds. She was inbounds and I thought it should have been no whistle/play on. Am I wrong? McCallie (MSU Coach) sure reacted negatively.

On another play, the guy ref was Trail when the Lead switched to the other side, C went to Trail on her side but the guy stayed Trail too for 5-6 seconds and they were both WAY out. Seemed like he was not even paying attention.

Totally off subject but did you catch the halftime show with the "Firecrackers", the middle school jump rope team from Cincinatti? Unbelievable! They were worth the price of admission alone and earned a well-deserved standing ovation! What a treat!
I did see the OOB play in question. Yes, it did hit her, and, she immediately made a call for a possession change. I was stunned! My understanding of the rules is that the ball should have still been in play. The folks I was with all turned and asked me if that was the right call (I just smiled). I did not see the other play you speak of. However, it was the guy who made the call that the one female official overturned.

The firecrackers were worth the price of admission. My team was VERY impressed, as was I. One of the girls on my team is Liz Shimek's cousin. Liz grew up in our little, humble area. She's turned into quite the player.

What I am really wondering is why Coach McCallie didnt call a timeout in either of the times MSU had possession in the last 19 seconds. The play that ended the game was a real SNAFU by MSU.