View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

MSU/OSU

Imeadski:

Hey, I was at that game too and didn't pay much attention to that call you stated. However, another one I was curious about was when Lindsay Bowen (MSU) tipped a ball towards the sideline and it hit the Trail who was IN-bounds (and the ball stayed inbounds, Bowen recovered it). She whistled the ball dead and gave it to OSU. I thought balls hitting the official are the status of our position, in-bounds or out of bounds. She was inbounds and I thought it should have been no whistle/play on. Am I wrong? McCallie (MSU Coach) sure reacted negatively.

On another play, the guy ref was Trail when the Lead switched to the other side, C went to Trail on her side but the guy stayed Trail too for 5-6 seconds and they were both WAY out. Seemed like he was not even paying attention.

Totally off subject but did you catch the halftime show with the "Firecrackers", the middle school jump rope team from Cincinatti? Unbelievable! They were worth the price of admission alone and earned a well-deserved standing ovation! What a treat!