View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Had a similar situation on Sat. B is losing by 20 or so and it is late in the third quarter. Team A turns it over and B coach wants a foul WHILE HIS PLAYER IS ON A FAST BREAK... I am running down court as the new L and when I get right in front of him he says to me "What the hell was that $hit down there." I stop dead in my tracks turn and whack him. This happens before his player can get to the basket and make the layup. I waved the shot off and the coach says, "You can't take my layup away!" I looked at him and said, "I didn't, you did."

End of conversation until about 2:00 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. We are going back and forth as A has increased their lead to 37 points. Team B coach is still visibly upset but doing so while sitting on the bench. At one point he is up yelling again and I tell him "You are not leaving early so sit down." He sat and we played out the rest of the game. He will probably black ball me but the way I see it is that he will be doing us both a favor!