View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

I'm guessing that this is a rec league game that uses NCAA rules (*if* it is real...). I'm guessing that Teigan, while perhaps not a rookie, doesn't know the rules quite as well as he might; you can't talk a partner out of something unless you *know* he is wrong. Perhaps Teigan thought the T was unwise, given the circumstances, but did not KNOW that it was a misapplication of the rules.

Just as you get some rec league players who are full of themselves, you get some rec league refs who are the same. There are no assignors, commissioners, etc. to provide guidance; no level-headed coaches to ask level-headed questions. If it happened, this was bad, but I'd just chalk it up to another rec league learning experience....

My instinct says that something like this happened, but perhaps not *exactly* as it was written, and that perhaps Teigan was even on the losing squad. If so, I'd like to suggest to Teigan that, although the call was bad, it probably was in response to abuse that the official had been taking all game, culminating in some particular abuse toward the end of the game. The ref handled the situation poorly, and likely the losing team did, too. Shocking.