View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NothernVA_Ump Send a message via Yahoo to NothernVA_Ump
Yesterday I was officiating a house league game I believe the ages of the boys were 13-14 or so. During the entire game every call that was called against this coaches team he wanted an explination; no matter if it was a traveling, carrying, 5 sec closely guarded. He basicly demanded (at first nicely) an explanation. During the second half he got louder about the need for an explination during the play. About half way thru the 4th, I am the trail, and I call a charge on his center, A1 did an inside spin move on his defender, B1, that anticipated the spin of A1. A1 hit B1 with his shoulder and B1 hit the floor. As contact was made I called Charging. The coach went nuts and yelled how are you going to call that just because there was contact. I turned to the coach and T'ed him. After B4 shoot the two free throws, I went to administer the throw-in from the sidezone (where the play became dead). As I about to hand the Ball to B2, A's coach is standing up. I instruct the coach that since he got a Technical he had to sit down. He then stared right at me and Mouthed "F YOU." I gave him his second T and instructed him he had to leave the gym.

I feel I did the correct thing, knowing he directed it at me. My question to the board is, do you T a coach for mouthing (not speaking) an obsinety?