View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 21, 2006, 10:29am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by IREFU2
Quote:
Originally posted by fonzzy07
Tonight, as I try to do every friday night I was looking over one specific thing. Tonight was intentional fouls. I understand completly what to give an intentional for, my question is however what does an intentional foul mean. For example a Tech is 2 shots and the ball. What about an intentional?
thanks again guys
If you pick up a copy of the latest Referee Mag, it really explain what "intentional" means. Even if a play makes a play for the ball, the foul can still be deemed intentional. I had one last night in my 3-person game. Excessive contact to neutralize the opponent can be deemed intentional.
Just a note of caution.....

I don't have a clue what interpretation Referee Magaize used in that particular article but it is not an official interpretation. Referee Magazine is noted for printing completely wrong rules answers and interpretations, and then having to retract them in later issues.

Iow, never take anything printed on the rules in Referee mag as gospel. The only official rules interpretations are those issued by the NFHS or a governing state body.