View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 20, 2006, 05:14pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by lookin2improve

IMO it falls into the 'classless' b/c this coach is notorious for shirking the responsibility of holding his kids accountable for their actions on the court. He does argue 99% of the calls in his game that do not go his way. I don't think he had a valid point in his comments. Some coaches are of the opinion that we as officials actually care who wins our games. Speaking for myself and the guys/gals I work with we do not. All we want is for the integrity of the game to be preserved, for the game to be administered in the proper manner. Once a game is concluded we do review what happened and how to improve upon it, but we do not dwell on it, it is not personal and we move on.
Don't get me wrong - the coach's comment was stupid, but in light of all the other things the guy could have done and said, it just doesn't seem like that big a deal to me...if he's already argued 99% of the calls against his team, he should have been dealt with earlier...but that particular comment really isn't even worth worrying about.