View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 20, 2006, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Hooper - the "inappropriate and unhelpful" comment Rainmaker was referring to would be the comment from the coach in the original post - not the comments that you made.

And I'm really not sure why the origianl comment is all that "classless"...not a big deal to me - just ore it and move on. We say the same types of things about coaches in our pre-games/post-game conversations...really not a big deal.
IMO it falls into the 'classless' b/c this coach is notorious for shirking the responsibility of holding his kids accountable for their actions on the court. He does argue 99% of the calls in his game that do not go his way. I don't think he had a valid point in his comments. Some coaches are of the opinion that we as officials actually care who wins our games. Speaking for myself and the guys/gals I work with we do not. All we want is for the integrity of the game to be preserved, for the game to be administered in the proper manner. Once a game is concluded we do review what happened and how to improve upon it, but we do not dwell on it, it is not personal and we move on.