View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 20, 2006, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

A lot of guys that responded made my point. People talking "I thought I was good after four or five years". In my post I do say I appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. And I do appreciate good mechanics, I try to have good mechanics my self. What I am talking about is older guys "big leaguing" us. My first year I had a referee chew me out. Not help chew because I called out of bounds on a ball that hit the supports and I was the Lead. The problem was that the ball hit...bounced till it was dead and all the players stopped. Now I know guys miss calls, and I know that wasn't my call but sometimes you have to help your partner out. No reason to chew on me. We have a problem here of younger officials getting out, and we also have a problem of older officials not wanting to take them under their wing and help. I think some of you guys that responded negatively to this post have somewhat of a guilty feeling in the pit of your stomach because you know you've done what I and a few others are talking about.