View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 06:46pm
Official Forum Member

I rarely if never go deep. I feel you don't have to step off the baseline anymore then 4 feet to get a good angle. It is all about how you set yourself up initially, so that you can recieve the play properly that dictates whether you can get a good look or not, but once again it is all in how you were taught and if you feel comfortable being really far off the playing surface to get better looks and no one says anything about it, then do whatever you feel gets you the best look. I also caution you to start doing two things at two different positions because one is happening at the college level right now and the other is happening at the NBA level and are bound to trickle down.

1)You are going to want to stay near the baseline at L because that is what they are teaching now.

2)At slot you are going to want to stay high which means working from the free throw line up to a little higher than tip of circle. NBA just recently started employing this. They feel if you stay up instead of dropping down to bottom tip of circle that you as a whole have more open looks.

I tell you this because it will be here sooner than later.