View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

You are right junker, and I threw the "feel for the game" in there as that specific purpose. If you are going to do what I proposed, you have to pregame this, or you just have to know that this is a designed play or that this kid is taking the ball one on one. I know the NFHS says that if it starts outside the three point line that it is the Lead's play, but there is no way I am giving way to the lead, when the play starts at the 3 point line in the corner and the dribbler drives and puts the defender on his hip(the dribbler is closest to me), and I know that the play is closest to me and that I easily have the best look, because of where the defender is in relation to the trail. As anyone knows on here I am partial to the NBA ways of doing things, and in this situation, NBA referees are almost always in the right position to make a call so in this play you will see the C reffing away screens to open a player up to that vacant post spot, T move way onto the floor almost even with the nearest lane line, and the L has the ball.

Like I said though it has to be pregamed or your "feel" and knowledge of the game has to tell you that there will be no post play on this play in order to do it this way. I do think that this play in particular is one of the hardest plays to referee using NFHS mechanics, cause if this is the T's play all the way to the hole and it is right in the L's face and he is a good partner and only calls the must and leaves the rest to the T, then I believe you get this play wrong more than half the time.