View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Wait you forgot about the coaches! The fourth grade team coach, (that was me, in case anyone forgets to give me credit) went over the back of the the Celebrity ref coach, who of course was also a ref. The coach/ref called the over the back on the coach, so of course I reached in and gave him an elbow, pivoting with both feet so I don't lift my pivot foot and told him to call it both ways. He immediately gave me a stop sign so I whacked him over the head with the yield sign that I carry in my bag for just these occasions. The 4th grade girls, who were by then aggressive and hostile ran at the celebrity refs, but they dribbled over their head and kicked the ball down the court. We all know those are illegal moves in hostile grade 4 basketball, so the refs issued mulitple t's while the 4th grade parents began to strom the court. The celebrity refs formed a circle of stripes, locking arms to anticipation of the attack. A smallish fourth grader, slid on her belly under the linked arms while clutching a ball, thereby gaining legal entrance to the circle. The 4th grade coach (that's me remember) in a final act of preservation of sanity, threw herself in front of the stampeding parents, disrupting the flow of the game. The refs called a technical on the facility and threw everyone out including the backboards and the bleachers, the cheerleaders and facility management. The game ended tied 7-7, but no one cared because we all learned what fun 4th grade basketball can really be when played aggressively.

Now if anyone takes any bit of this seriously I promise I will never come back again, even though I do learn a lot from all of you. Besides, I tried to save the game above didn't I ? You can give me credit for that!

Take care everyone,
Coach GBert.
I have a 4th grade girls team and we have practice tonight. I hand out candy and cookies at my practices. My teams really are fun. The parents on the other hand....