View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
Only bad things can come from not reporting the partner. First, do you want the assignor, the association, people reading the newspaper, etc. to hear about the event from someone OTHER than his partner first? Second, while it may be true that the guy will 'hang himself' eventually, do you want other crowds,players, coaches, etc. to be potential guinea pigs? Third, do you want another unsuspecting partner to end up in a situation that could be even worse? Fourth, do YOU want to end up ostracized because you DIDN'T report him? You'd report a player who was ejected who would give the finger to you or the crowd, so why would it be any different here? We all get painted by the same brush oftentimes. We don't need this brush.

Bad advice to keep silent.
Gap, as I said to BITS, I am NOT saying be silent. I am sorry if the group thought that is what I meant. Reporting my partner just had a very disloyal ring to it in my mind. What else do you "report" your partner for? Not performing up to your performance expectations? blowing a call? making a mistake? being late? (I've had to start a JV game alone). Where do you draw the line?