View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Had a weird one last night. It was a Celebrity Ref - Youth Game. A bunch of Celebrity Refs played a Fourth Grade Girls Team. Rainmaker and I officiated for free.

In the third OT, a 4th grader was guarding Jurassic Referee at the top of key. The score was tied at 7 points. JRutledge ran from across the court and cross-body-blocked her into bleachers. I looked at Rainmaker and signalled a Flagrant T using the FIBA Mechanic. JRutledge got in my face and started yelling,

"It wasn't a Moving, er....Illegal Screen you overweight moron. Her body was flying in the same Path and Direction as I was running......it's in the BOOK!"

Just then RefTn pushes me in the back and says,

"I hate to admit it but JRutledge is 100% right....."

The fans were going nuts. Rainmaker lost it and threw the double finger at a bunch of Soccer Moms. Suddenly, Momstwo was all over me.....I was getting hit with rights, lefts, hooks and rabbit punches. Then I heard the "click" of a switchblade.....and saw ChessRef advancing with malice in his eyes.

I woke up in an ambulence. ChuckElias and I were hooked up to the same intravenous tube. Without his blood, I'd have been a goner for sure. Funny, today I have a craving for some cheap Scotch......