View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 17, 2006, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PGCougar
Re: If a coach is reasonable

Quote:
Originally posted by LepTalBldgs
Most referee's will listen to a coach who is reasonable. If both coaches felt like the game was out of hand, then it is possible that between periods the coaches could have approached the officials in a respectful manner and discussed the issue, stressing that both coaches were here and that they mutually agreed that the game should be called tighter for the safety of the participants.

I would certainly listen to a discussion like that and I hope that most reasonable referee's would as well.
I've got to believe that if both coaches agreed, they would simply ratchet back their players, not approach the officials. I've never seen a high school game where both coaches agree with each other that their players are getting mugged and the officials are doing nothing about it.

About the only place I can think of where such a situation you describe might possibly happen would be a very young age rec program where the official is a fill-in HS kid with little officiating experience and a reluctant whistle. And once again, if the coaches agree with each other, they have the power to ratchet back their kids under a mutual agreement to do so. Don't hold your breath on this one, however.