View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 17, 2006, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

8th grade girls game, 2-man...It was a very competitive game, well played from both sides and nip and tuck back and forth. The game had an interesting dynamic in that it was a town rec team vs. an AAU team which had players that were from that same town. Therefore all the girls knew each other (which helped) and I think the coach, and the girls, of the town team had something to prove which definitely added to the intensity.

Game flew along no problems until...

:55 left Home team (town team) is up 1. Visitors have the ball. I am T (table side) in a 3/4 court press situation. Ball is trapped on L's sideline just over division line. I was watching for bc violation and L was in position along sideline 5-10 feet from baseline. Player with ball reaches around double team and passes. Ball deflected back toward the passer whose momentum after the pass carried her OOB. She proceeds to catch the ball and try to get back in bounds. No whistle from partner...I glanced at him and he seemed to be considering the call. Home Coach yells across court, "She's OOB!" Partner's whistle blows and he makes call. Visiting Coach asks, "Who's calling the game here?" I ignored that question and figured best thing was to get the ball back in play.

Home coach responds (loud enough for me and V coach to hear but not loud enough for folks in the stands to hear) "I am!"

I turned and looked at Home coach and did.....

What should I have done?