View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 16, 2006, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Had a game on Saturday... a big rivalry game. We are early in the first quarter and the home team is already down 13 points. the home team is getting pressed and can't dribble from their lip to their chin much less the basketball. The home team coach is upset and I understand his frustration. To make a long story short, he keeps telling me "Get them off" Get them off what? I asked him, he said get their hands off. Anyway, one of my partners has a foul and he is still up yelling so I give him the sit down gesture. He tells me, "I don't have to sit down, I am talking to you." So I ignore him because we are on the other side of the floor and he is still yelling (showing his face if you ask me). A few trips later My partner has another call, he stands up and claps and says, "That is how you call it." I didn't see if he was directly talking to me so I let it go. Finally after a made basket, I have a foul on the visiting team for holding. He stands up and points to me and says "You finally called something. WHAMMO!

My question is this. What should I have done different to either 1) prevent the T or 2) Nail him sooner?