Thread: Hey, Fonzzy...
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 15, 2006, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I started a new thread so that you could get your advice with the extra stuff distilled out.

As for adjusting to the different levels, I agree that it is difficult. I suggest that you ask your assignor for a day of all 7th grade, and then another day of all 3rd grade, and then another day of all 5th grade, and like that. For the first few times, you'll be able to get settled into a groove for that level. Then when you're doing a mixed-up day, you'll have those grooves to refer back to.

The other way to learn is to just go watch others that do a good job. Pick out someone in your rec league who has lots of experience and watch them do a day of mixed-up levels. Ask them how they adjust, and what you can do. Maybe have them come to one of your days and kibitz from the sideline.

The most important thing is to just keep working. Keep asking questions, keep trying to get better, keep watching others, keep doing your best. You'll get better before you realize it. Next year, you'll be driving home and you'll think, "Wow! I did really well. Last year I could never have handled a day like that and here I am just skating through." That's the best feeling of all, and worth working for.