View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 14, 2006, 09:39am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
5. I can now clearly see only 4 players for white on the floor and sound the whistle stopping play. (Question 1: Perhaps I shouldn't have done this, but I reacted to the odd situation of only four on the floor. Maybe the correct procedure is to just continue with this team down a player until a foul/violation occurs or a TO is requested?)
[/B]
IMHO they certainly didn't gain any kind of advantage being one player down and it obviously wasn't any kind of an attempt to deceive - just a stupid mistake.

I'd stop play at the first lull in action (which it appears is what you did), tell the coach "Coach, you need one more player out here!", let her report, beckon her in & then resume at the POI.
[/B][/QUOTE]That's the only part that I disagree with. If you stop play instead of waiting for a natural whistle, then you're taking an advantage away from the other team. They put the correct number of players on the floor; don't penalize them for doing so. Stopping the play is just bailing out the team that can't count to 5 imo.