View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2006, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Late in the fourth quarter A1 takes the ball to the basket. I am lead and before A1 can get to the basket to shoot, I see B1 reach in and grab A1 on the arm. Tweet... Foul! As I make my way to the table B1 throws her arms in the air and says, "that is terrible!" Tweet...Technical foul! Earlier in the game she did the same thing and I told her that was enough. Long story short... when does B1 become bench personnel?

My thinking is that once she gets her 5th, she is a disqualified player. So, I told the coach, "B1 committed a personal foul as her fifth and the T will be charged indirectly to the bench which means you have lost your box." He says "OK" After the game my partner tells me that it isn't indirect until you notify the coach that it is B1's 5th. O, yeah... before I even get to the bench, B coach is telling me that the common foul was on B2... so obviously he knew that B1 had four personal fouls to begin with. Was this situation handled correctly? Do you have a rule citation for the case book or is this in the manual? It is pretty frustrating because up until this point we had a very good game.

How would you have handled this situation?