View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2001, 11:09pm
Official Forum Member

Just wondering what the most technical fouls you guys and gals have had in your games. Tonight, I had 3 games and four technicals, one of them flagrant, resulting in 2 ejections and one forfeit.

(Both games are college intramurals)

Game 1: Girl wearing jewelery on the court - automatic T in our league.

Game 2: B1 gets called for a block on a made shooting foul. Takes the ball, slams it down, I call a T. We now have 1 shot for A1, 2 points for A (league rules), and A ball.

As I report the foul, B1 (who sat himself out of the game) shouts (loud enough for the gym to hear) "****!" - Technical #2 - he's out of the game and out of the court.

Few plays later, I'm under A's basket. B2 takes a shot, misses, is barely touched, and falls to the floor - a "no call" (whether they exist or not). His response: "**** you, ref!" - TWEET! - Flagrant Technical - he's out of the game.

We go a few more plays, and A calls timeout. B2 comes back up to the court. We hold up play to get him to leave when the supervisor waves us over and lets us know that two ejections results in a forfeit - game over.

Of course, I got all the questions: "What did he say?" - "Ask him!" "Come on, we're all in college, we're all mature (okaaaaay), and we can handle profanity." - "I don't take that in my games."

The best, B3 calmly comes up to me and asks if I knew when calling the flagrant T that two ejections was a forfeit (I didn't). He then asked if I would have just had called the kid over and warned him. My response - (something like) 'I make the calls regardless of the situation, and what he did definately deserved a technical.'

Thanks for once again letting me vent!!