View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 12, 2006, 02:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
With the newer mechanic going table side, I do not see the point to go opposite table after I call a T. I also have yet to call a T on a head coach in the last few years that I can remember. I have called one on an assistant coach and I stayed table side and stood right next to the bench and no one said another word. When I work a basketball game I cannot avoid a coach all night. I never understood the logic behind getting away from a coach. I also do not like people to talk for me or explain things I have done. I am the person that made the call, I can explain it. I also do not like the attitude to get away on a 5th foul when I made the call.

I think we act as if we have run from people when we make hard choices. If a T is supposed to be like any other call, why do we treat this call so differently?

Peace
While I am more than happy to stand right in front of a coach after whacking him, I don't see what point it serves. He knows why he got it, we have a game to continue, and if he's gonna keep acting up after getting a T, it doesn't look good if I end up having to go all Valentine-on-Bobby Knight on him and give him another technical.

Administer the free throws and rotate opposite and then forget about it.