Thread: Hey tomegun...
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2006, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Could T have thought it was a flop?
No...I don't think so rainmaker...see below.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
If it's an obvious foul and the T was straight-lined
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
If the T didn't move correctly he could have been stacked and either not seen the push or not seen how much it effected the defender.
Yep...you both hit it on the head...that's exactly what happened, from what I could see. The T got straight-lined and, in fact, froze for a split second. He even bent at the knees to try and get an angle...but was to late.

Quote:
Was the C's whistle slightly delayed?
Yes

Quote:
Can you tell us where the other 8 players were located and what the C's matchups were?
The other 8 players were basically in and around the key below the FT line. If I can picture it correctly, there were 4 players on C's side...with the post and other players on the strong side.

Quote:
[/B]the distance the C went outside his area is roughly have the width of the paint.[/B]
Yehbut...the C WAS outside his area.
I think you softened on your hard lined stance of staying in your area toward the end of the last thread. Maybe you were just trying to make a point to the newer officials about staying the heck out of your partner's area and trusting said partners.
I think we can all agree your philosophy/mechanics are sound...BUT, IMO, there are exceptions.

Here was one example.

Richland, WA