Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

How should partners smoothly switch from on- to off- so that everything important gets covered?

Here's a biggie -- how often do you find that your partner emphasizes off-ball coverage in the pre-game, but then never stops ball-watching through-out the game? I'm seeing a lot of this, this year. Anyone else?
How do you know that a partner is "ball watching"?

The answer to that question partly answers the other question I left here.
I know, because I'm "partner-watching". One of my PPOE's this year is Being a Good Partner** I'm trying to do a lot of eye contact, and especially when the ball is in the grey area between lead's primary and trail's primary. I want to know when to switch from on- to off- or vice versa. There are games where there's too much action for much of this, but in general I'm managing to get a little peek quite a bit. At one camp I attended there was one clinician who was demonstrating how to have "four-eye-contact" in transition and during play, as the ball moved around, and then on whistles. I like that, and wish I could do more of it. So that's what brings up the question.

**Seems like I'm thinking more and more in Capitals. I guess I've been reading too much Winnie the Pooh!).
Give the lady a cookie...or a pot of honey.