View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Off Ball

As I gain more experience I find that this is an area, partner ball watching, that sometimes frustrates me. The latest example -I am L , ball is right in front of me along the endline. Trail is opposite side and about 8 players between him and ball. I call blocking . Partner then double whistles , runs over to me and starts a very animated discussion about how travelling occurred first. I reply "you could see that from out there ?" Partner replies I had a clear view of it. Okay.......

I have been taught when I pick the ball up either square shoulders or pick up a count. So I have received feedback from some partners that they like that. So until informed otherwise I will keep doing that.

On the topic of the full court refs I have no suggestions cause IMO those who ballhawk and don't realize it don't care and talking to them is like talking to a wall that talks back.

Just saw Dan refs post. I know my partner is ball watching when they consistently make calls in my area cause they didn't like my no call or didn't agree with my call.