Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 12:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lukealex
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Originally posted by Snake-eyes
Quote:
After the horn ending the first quarter B1 slams the ball down in anger and the ball goes above his head
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Direct T on B1.
Indirect on B head coach.
Start the 3rd qtr. with the T.
Yep. Although, why wait until after halftime to administer the penalty?
Personally, I would administer the penalty before the second quarter starts, but that is just me.
My bad. Thought he said first half, not first quarter. Doesn't change the ruling though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
The case play cited applies to the hallway during a time where the teams are CLEARLY off the court. The original question said "horn ending first quarter," so the case play isn't (excuse the legal jargon) directly on point.
Texas Aggie, if a player dunks in pregame, are you going to give the coach am indirect T?

If the player fouls out and you inform the coach, are you going to give the coach an indirect when you T the player and he's still standing in the FT lane?

You can't have both ways. Before the game and between periods, all team members are bench personnel. The case play clearly states, "During intermission all team members are bench personnel and are penalized accordingly." It doesn't say, During intermission when the teams are in the hallway, all team members are bench personnel and are penalized accordingly." 5-5-1 says, "Playing time for teams of high school age shall be four quarters of eight minutes each with intermissions of one minute after the first and third quarters, and 10 minutes between halves. "

Sorry but you're wrong.

[Edited by BktBallRef on Jan 7th, 2006 at 12:25 AM]

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith