View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2006, 09:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Well, maybe this situation wasn't a game saver...but, I observed the following, during a game, and would like some opinions.

Varsity Boys...T and C experienced Officials.

In transition...L running beside play. T just crossing mid-court. C, with good speed, at top of the key extended opposite.
A1 dribbling down the key for a lay-up when B1 makes pretty good contact for a foul on A1. I wouldn't say "hammers A1", but close. (A1 fell to floor and slid into wall)
L puts fist up for foul(but, only for a nano second)...and as ball goes OOB on the endline...L quickly changes call to OOB for Team A. Crowd goes nuts...they want the foul.

What should the other two officials do? If anything?
I'll post what they did or did not do later.

I Edited that A1 slid into wall after "foul".

[Edited by RookieDude on Jan 5th, 2006 at 02:48 PM]
If the L beckons the T or C for help, by all means go have a conference. If there was a double-whistle, then the trailing official can come in strong and sell a foul. But for the T or C to go to the L to try to get him change his call...... there went the L's credibility out the window.

I have seen partners miss calls before. We all have. We live with it and move on. What made this situation different.....just because the crowd was going nuts? That is irrelevant.

Z