View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 31, 2005, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by wwcfoa43
What do you mean "it worked somewhat?" Did B cause A to violate? If the succeeding violation by A was obvious then you may be in sticky situation.

However, if you choose to ignore both the B fake and the resulting A violation then you have to ignore it regardless of whether the ball goes in or not. If you do not then you are giving Team A a reward they do not deserve. If both violate as a result of the fake then you need to cancel the shot and then award a substitute throw.
Call it that way, 43, and you'd be the one in a "sticky situation"- LOL . You're completely wrong- twice- when the free throw is good and when it doesn't go in.

Rule9-1PENALTIES4(d)- "If there is violation first by the free thrower's opponent followed by the free thrower or a teammate... if a fake by an opponent causes the free thrower or a teammate of the free thrower to violate, only the fake is penalized".

Case book play 9.1.6 SITUATION A(a):
While A1 is attempting a final free throw, B1 enters the lane too soon followed by A2, both of whom are in marked lane spaces.
RULING. In (a), if the try is successful, the goal shall count and the violation shall be ignored. If the try is unsuccessful, the ball shall remain dead when the free throw ends and a substitute free throw is awarded.

Iow, Blewthat didn't blow that.
[/B]
Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I should have "held my whistle" on this one since I did not have my rules and cases straight.