View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 31, 2005, 01:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blewthat
last night's game

team A shooting second free throw; I am lead; Team B player in lane space nearest to me does an obvious fake to try and draw team A player into lane, it works somewhat but I ignore it as Team A shooter makes the shot and away we go. I eventually had a break where I told the Team B player to knock it off.

How would you have handled it, both by the rules as violation or tech and informally? something more I should have done?

if Team A had missed, how should I have handled it? can I just call violation for the fake and let Team A shoot again?

thanks

What do you mean "it worked somewhat?" Did B cause A to violate? If the succeeding violation by A was obvious then you may be in sticky situation.

However, if you choose to ignore both the B fake and the resulting A violation then you have to ignore it regardless of whether the ball goes in or not. If you do not then you are giving Team A a reward they do not deserve. If both violate as a result of the fake then you need to cancel the shot and then award a substitute throw.

If you are just ignoring the B fake (and there was no A violation) then you have acted correctly as JR has stated.