Thread: neutral block
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 28, 2005, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

[/B][/QUOTE]

Elegant? Noooooooooooo! Not the one's I've seen. Is this a universal chick thing these days? [/B][/QUOTE]

Take it from a girls coach, here are the universal chick things that happen all too often and drive me crazy...

constantly rolling, wrapping, twiddling, pushing, etc. at the shoulder straps of t-shirts, jerseys, or tank tops, no matter how thin the straps are to start with

constantly looking for ways to untuck their jersey, even if an official has just told them to tuck it back in

constantly fluffing, tossing, wiping, fingering ponytails, hair in eyes, braids, sweat bands

inability to stop licking and wiping the bottom of their sneakers when on the floor even though I have told them that it's
a) unhygienic
b) useless
c) looks nasty

I have a rule that forbids "posturing" in the blocks on free throws. We have a demonstration where my older girls mimic the behavior for my younger teams so they know that it doesn't add an advantage AND it looks stupid (plus it makes your butt look even bigger in the shorts when you stick it out and wave it like that when balancing on your tippy toes with one hip cocked at an angle), not to mention it looks like it hurts.

Coach GBert