View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 25, 2005, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by truerookie
To those who commented to my post. Correct me if I am wrong here. There were two portions to the post. 1.) He asked for feedback. 2.) He did not ask for feedback. I was referring to that portion of the original post in which the poster, stated there were times when he as reflecting on his own first half and SOME varsity officials would give their advise without him asking for it. This is why I said what I said in the post. DO NOT give me any unbeseeched advise is all I am saying.
Bull. You wrote:

"Being a second year official, I take the following approach. Do not give me advise unless you have an evaluation form in your hand."

Quote:
Originally posted by truerookie
The aforemention, situation tells me two things in your area. 1). Mentorship is lacking in your area. 2). There was two young officials doing a game. If you would have had a least one varsity official with each young official doing a JV game. The situation you described would not have occurred.
I'm sorry but could you please put that on an evaluation form so that I can take it back to the association?

Actually, I'm not even going to address those comments. This isn't about the situation I witnessed. It's of no consequence, since you missed the entire point of the post anyway. We discussed some things with the JV crew between games. Unlike you, they were receptive to what was said. No form was necessary.

Again, don't waste your time on camp. Because when they chew your butt, it won't have anything to do with a form. Good luck! You're sure gonna need it.

[Edited by BktBallRef on Dec 25th, 2005 at 05:15 PM]

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith