Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I think this is the latest date I've given my first T of the season. Whacked an assistant coach (freshman girls game). She was whining and whining and whining, and then whining some more. She laughed about the T for the rest of the game, which I didn't quite understand, but hey, I was glad to be so entertaining. Nothing else about the game was even remotely funny.
I imagine it was a nervous laugh as she got embarrassed ?????
Ya know, it wasn't. For some reason it amused her to think of herself as a "nuisance". That wasn't a word I used, I never spoke to her or the head coach at all. She was still laughing as she left the gym after the game. Joking around about being a "troublemaker" and a "problem coach". I don't get it.
She was mocking you. You should have invited her to assume her place of honor in the parking lot.
Maybe. It didn't feel like that to me, and she was very cooperative for the rest of the game, as was the head coach. How I handled it worked, but I might do it differently next time.
Well, I'm not going to argue about what happened at your game, but what you wrote originally (underlined) doesn't seem consistent with what you're saying now. IMO laughing about a T the entire game, unless you're in on the joke, doesn't quite meet my requirements for very cooperative. IMO you ran into a common variety 9th grade assistant coach who's around kids all day & used to being the figure of authority and she was questioning your ability to take that role from her. In a very passive-aggressive way I might add, but when pushed these people are generally passive-aggressive types.

But I could be wrong.