Quote:
Originally posted by Lotto
Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by Lotto
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
I say reset the clock (2-10-4 in the 2004 rulebook). No change of posession, so you start as after "any normal freethrow." I, for one, have never seen a shot clock at less than 35(30) during a FT.
That was my reasoning, too. But if you look at when the shot-clock operator is supposed to reset (2-14 in the 2006 NCAA rulebook), it's hard to find which situation applies.
It's is? 2-1-4-6b seems to apply: "When a foul occurs (exceptions:" (double or simultaneous foul; T on offense)

Look at it this way -- Team control will be lost on the FTs, so whoever gets the rebound, or inbounds the ball, will have a full shot-clock.

As I said above, the foul occured 17 seconds previous to when the correctable error was recognized. The clock was properly reset at that point.

Also, the clock is not reset on loss of team control, but rather when the other team gains control.

I believe that it's right to reset the shot clock in this scenario; I'm just looking for a rules justification of that opinion.
I'm not comfortable giving B those 17 seconds back on the shot clock if they secure the rebound after their free throw. In that case they earned a 52 second shot clock period by your mistake. So I'm tempted to say reset the shot clock after the FT only if A takes possession on the rebound or after a made FT. I can't back this up by rule.

Similarly I would not reset the shot clock if we were going back to POI after the attempted FTs (ie A had team possession in your play).