Thread: LONG FOUL CALL
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
There are many times when I really wish I could see some people on this forum work. You are really stuck on this theory that Big O wasn't hustling. Your comments give me some idea about you running around just to be in the same area as the ball even if it means you run by the majority of the players.

Yesterday I say 7 players stay back when three were on the other end. This was in a D2 game, so it does happen. It is normally called a fast break. The other players think the play is going to be over before they can get down there. It happened Friday too in a high school game. Maybe someone has experience but they don't have enough experience.

The day I think that my movement, at any position, should be controlled by where the ball goes, is the day I should hang them up. What kind of logic is involved when someone says you should go more than distance B when the ball has to go distance A? Then you have the nerve to say you aren't talking about ball watching? Maybe you got that by somebody, but you didn't get it past me!

[Edited by tomegun on Dec 19th, 2005 at 05:19 AM]
Big O wasn't hustling.

Go back and read each of his posts.

Something new gets added as an excuse each and every time, it's smelled fishy from the start, IMO.

I too would love to see some of you work too, because I damn well know that what you are saying you do and what you do in actual 2 person games is different.

So it is impossible to run open to the floor?

It is not possible to move and keep players within your field of vision?

It is harder than planting roots and watching the backsides of 7 players running the other way and leaving your partner alone, but not impossible.