Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tmp44
Quote:
Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
Quote:
Originally posted by som44

If it really was a pre season game/scrimage let him coach--that is what the pre season is for--I would tell him that in a true game he would have to be seated but if this was just pre season I would let him stand and coach.
Hell, I'd rather enforce the hell out of it in the pre-season. YOu let em get away with it now, he'll think he can get away with it later, no matter WHAT you told him at the time. He'll still break loose wih, "But last time..." on the next crew. Sit his @$$ down!!
I think we need a feeling for what "pre-season" here is. If it's a scrimmage, coaches, at least in my area, are permitted to walk all around the court to help their kids. IMO, that's what scrimmages are for. If a coach gets out of hand, then it's taken care of, but I have never give a coach, nor have I ever heard of a coach being given, a technical foul in a scrimmage.

If this is a regular season, but non-conference game, then absolutely it's enforced. Sit his @$$ down.
I was involved in a BV scrimmage a couple of years ago where one of the coaches not only received a T, but actually got tossed. He got the 1st. T when he jumped up, slammed his clipboard to the floor and yelled across the court at one of my partners...."You guys suck worse than any officials I have ever seen". Got tossed when he threw a bag of balls onto the court. Understand that his school suspended him for the first 4 games of the season.