Thread: IAABO???
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 18, 2005, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: Bay State Ref

Quote:
Originally posted by jbduke
You are absolutely incorrect that IAABO is the only option in Massachusetts. Do not bet your house on this. You will lose.
You are absolutely awesome at playing gotcha. Okay, smart guy, I'll write for the world, who is just dying for you to tell them: what are the other options?

Way to make a substantive contribution to the discussion. [/B][/QUOTE]If we're worried about making a contribution to the board, I'm not sure how your post qualifies, JB. At least Jeff's post, tactless as it may be, pointed out an error of fact. The fact is that IAABO has never been the sole association for basketball officials in MA. There was a time when public HS boys' games used only IAABO officials; but even then, many areas of the state used a different association for girls' games.

And now, some areas use those "girls' association" officials for some boys' games too, even in the state post-season tournament. I'm an IAABO official, and I work with non-IAABO officials at least 4-5 a year in HS games.

So IAABO is not "the only way to go" to officiate in MA, as Jeff pointed out.