View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 16, 2001, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

I believe that this is possible. I don't see it where I am... but the paragraph noted below is the key. An "A" grade assignor will see through this, and it won't work. Point is, where I am (150 active umpires), I can't see anyone "advancing" by trashing a partner or other official. Most of us live by the code "Thou shall not speak ill of another official". And "violate" only around the sacred-table-of-many-beers.

The "A" assignor then will listen when someone does have something to say, or a gripe. AFter (a zillion) games, I've earned the respect of the assignor (as have many others) so that if we DO call and DO say, "Floyd, please do not assign me with Bozo.. or ... Bozo needs to have someone look at him" it carries some weight.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PeteBooth

Sometimes by mutual agreement it is impossible to work with one another but at least talk to the individual FIRST and then make your assessment. Normally an individual who is a good qulaified assignor will see through this tactic and it will actually backfire on you.

Pete Booth