Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by David B
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by Chess Ref
I am open to the possibility that I am the village idiot on this one, but I don't think so....

Player A shoots a jumpshot and lands. As soon as Player A lands Player B then sticks his butt into Player A and drives Player A back say 2 feet. I tweet , I got pushing. coach is very upset with me .Coach tells me that is good rebounding.

I am now noticing this occuring more and more.

Is my call legimate or I am seeing things ???/

Opinions please.

Chess Ref,
I make that call with less frequency, every year.
mick
That's been taught for years and as Mick stated, I call it less all the time.

As long as it doesn't affect the shot I'm just treating it as incidental contact.

Thansk
David
I think you missed Mick's the point.

Displacing A1 after the shot may not impact the shot, but it does hinder their ability to rebound, it leads to A1 letting B1 have it on the other end. It is not incidental contact if it hinders normal movement or leads to more rough play.
blindzebra,
To clarify, I think David understood what I wrote. I need hard contact, unquestionable displacement and maybe even a touch of intent before I give a 24" displacement any consideration.
mick
Sorry I was giving you more credit as it turns out.

That less than hard contact on this end leads to A1 doing the same to B1 on the other, which usually leads to B1 doing it harder the next time. That continues until you put a stop to it.

Call it the first time and the game does not need to be reeled back in.