View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PIAA REF
After reading some of these posts about whacking people, throw her out and all the other comments it just seems that you all have a lot of T's. I just find this really uncommon. I at most might give 3 T's a year. Most of them are probably on players for unsportsmanlike things such as taunting or swearing at an opponent. You all seem to have many T's and give them frequently. Do you think that T's are given more often in different parts of the country. I hail from PA and I seldom give a T and neither does my chapter in whole (we have some that give the pretty easy). I was just curious. (But again I did start early this year, already had 1)
As many of you know, I am on the other side of thing this year. Coaching instead of officiating. When I was officiating and definetly now as a coach, I see trigger-happy officials. There are too many officials who would rather T you up than explain a call. I received my first T as a coach a few nights ago. All I did was question a call. Official called over the back on an inbound lob pass, I questioned in a calm manner saying my player is 2 feet taller, no contact was made. It was a very quick whistle and undeserved T. As an official everyone knows you are incharge of the game...No need to hand out T's to show it.