View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I do not know if they are given more or if they are given less in my part of the country. I do know the officials that are giving Ts out all the time are usually not the most respected officials. I think a lot of officials feel that is the way they show their authority. I have at times gone years without giving a T. I have this year given a T for a player bouncing the ball in frustration. Usually I have a word with a player or a coach and the complaining or the comments and behavior stops. I have always said that most Ts are the fault of the officials. We allow things to continue and continue and continue and then we stick them when things have long been out of hand.

Peace
Rut, I take allowance to some of your comments. I approach the game ready to enforce all infractions which may occur during the course of the game. I personally, do not see a need to talk anyone out of anything. IMO, officials who are giving out T's are correcting behavior that other officials let go (like talking people out of things). Thus, causing them to be labeled.You are correct in stating, we allow things to continue and continue until it is out of control. Tolerance levels, are different for each official what you may let go others may not. IMO, if the situation warrants a T's you can bet you sweet a** they will receive one.

This in my opinion is where the "HOMER" official concept come into play. I will continue to hire so and so because they will talk me out of anything.