View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 12, 2005, 10:39am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ATXCoach

Rainmaker,

The exact same refs that call the summer games call the high school games. You are not too familiar with Austin, Texas Girls Basketball because you assumed that the coaches have some talent. The varsity coaches are mostly good, but the JV and Freshman coaches are glorified PE teachers at best or football coaches earning extra money. It is a horrible disservice for these young ladies. Luckily, the majority of my players have reached varsity level as sophmores despite my egregious coaching practices and I don't have to endure the horrible coaching or lack thereof very much.
Many of us have been saying this for a long time. Usually coaches like yourself want to tell us how qualified you coaches are and how much you know the game and the rules of the game. This is really the case at the girl's levels.

Oh well, I know Juulie (rainmaker) was not being a smartass. That is not her nature or the way she does things around here. I think you should relax and understand that when you ask a question on the public forum, you have to accept the fact that someone might actually answer your question. She answered your question from her point of view and many of us here I am sure agree with that answer.

Peace