View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 09, 2005, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Last night in HS game, we had a player from Team A have the ball knocked away on the dribble by Team B. As A1 and B1 went for the ball, A1 fouled B1. Incorrectly, we awarded B1 the bonus. (Wait for a minute and I'll explain)

B1 made both free throws with 6.5 seconds left in the first half. Team A inbounded, dribbled the length of the floor and made a mid-range jumper. Horn sounded after ball fell through net but before Team B touched ball. The ball maybe bounced once on the floor before the horn.

During halftime, we agreed that we should not have awarded shots under the new team control rule. We made a regrettable mistake. But now after agreeing with my partners that we screwed up, I suggest that we still MIGHT be in the correctable error situation.

The discussion point seems to be:

1) if Team B had not had the ball at its disposal for the throw-in after the buzzer-beater, we could have corrected by disallowing the two Team B free throws, allowing the Team A buzzer-beater and starting the second half with the AP arrow in the direction it was pointing.

2) if Team B was judged to have had the ball at its disposal, we just simply were too late to correct and start the second half with AP arrow in the direction it was pointing.

Thoughts?