Quote:
Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by tmp44

(2) Holding on Black 44, who then pushes White 22 to the floor. Calling official comes to the table: "Black 44 (signified by a double handed 4), hold. Double Bonus, two shots. Black 44, dead ball intentional foul, two shots."

What's your beef with this one? I agree that the double-handed reporting is not a proper mechanic (never in NFHS although I've heard that a couple college camps were advocating it), but this call might have been correct.

After the holding call on Black 44, we were in a dead ball situation. Black 44 then pushed White 22. Perhaps the official called an intentional technical foul? In that case, we would have done them in order which means that we'd shoot two for the double bonus followed by 2 for the technical foul. White would then get a throw-in at halfcourt opposite the table.

Z
I was wondering the same thing as you z...I don't see a problem with this call.

It might be interesting to hear where the officials took the ball OOB though...and if the officials cleared the lanes for the FTs.
I think the problem with this one is the dead ball foul should be a T.
I think you're wrong. It is a T, but it has to be an intentional technical foul by rule. It can't be an ordinary T by rule. If it's a dead-ball contact foul, it has to be called either an intentional T or a flagrant T.

Rule 4-19-5b&c.

Semantics. T vs Intentional T. Penalty is the same. 2 shots, division line throwin.
Nope, not semantics.

Rules.