Old Wed Dec 07, 2005, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate1224hoops
Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by Nate1224hoops
As I said, I am not officiating this season, I'm coaching. So I wasnt at the meetings this year. The way I see things is this...if a coach is outta the box yelling at an official about a call then get him/her back in the box...but if a coach is coaching the game then nothing is being hurt IMO.
While I agree, it's not how the FED sees it, nor how my state wants it enforced. So, I do what I'm told.

You should find out whether what the two officials told you is the standard in your area.
I agree completely Bob. Had the officials told me to stay in the box and not come out, thats where I woulda been. I'm sure this was probably addressed at the officials meetings before the season. I guess the 2man crew last night didnt want to enforce it. By the way we won 47-21.
This is such a cop out. EVERYONE (ref, coach, fanboy) knows about the coaching box. It was re-instated (for some) so that coaches could rise and coach rather than have to sit the entire game. The name in and of itself implies the limitation that you must remain within the confines of said box or open yourself up to the prescribed penalty. Coaches receive rulebooks and instruction from their local association prior to the season, so they are fully aware of what can be penalized. It is a coaches job to know the rules and coach their team within the rules.

For some officials this is the first warning, you are quite likely to get another warning or two during the course of a game. Now multiply that by 25 games, and a coach has received this warning 50 TIMES!

Now add to this the fact that you have been a referee, you should have a complete understanding.