View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 09, 2000, 01:27am
Official Forum Member

I wish you could have been more specific on the game situation. Licensed or non-licensed, we are out there to do a job. We as officials make mistakes every game. We learn each time from these mistakes. I know the resaon I got into officiating was the challenge of it to call the game as well, and as fair as I possibly can! We are the first ones to know if we've had a bad or good game. We are also the first to know when we've blown a call. We are human. The only thing that bothers me about other officials at times is laziness. There is no excuse for that at any level. Granted, we will call the game differently at certain levels, but still put out the effort. I have always said the game is for the players. It's pretty easy to coach on the sidelines or to sit in the stands and yell at players and officials. You are the ones practicing every night and we are the ones taking all the abuse. I agree with many of the other replys, at your first opportunity get your license and help improve the officiating pool.