View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

I appreciate everyones feedback on dealing with the coaches. So thank you for your time and suggestions. It gave me hope that someday I too may have this mysterious set of skills. LOL

Now,I need everybody to remember back to the day when they did the lower levels. I do all lower level games, frosh/jv. . The type of games where I get to work on advantage/Disadvantage ALL game long. The game where the point guards best move is putting her off-hand in front of the ball while she is dribbling to protect it. It is not always pretty but I make the effort and do want to do a good job.

Example.
1. Girl may have dragged her foot a wee bit. I judge no advantage.
2. Coach is now pleading "thats travelling". She is correct.
3. Then the defender may have gotten a little carried away with a handcheck.Player plays through. I judge no advantge gained. Other coach is now crying "Thats a foul," Coach is correct.

Now i have 2 coaches upset about the lack of calls. The game continues on . Do I have a pregame classroom session and explain some of the advantage/disadvantage theory or what. I want to let them play but I don't know what to say to these coaches about not calling everything that occurs cause I really do ned to get this game done by midnight or the Varsity refs are gonna be really p#$$#ed of at me. LOL

So any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated.