View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by twref
With engaged I was trying to articulate B6 runs onto the floor, goes directly to A3 and screams at him-I have no idea why. A3 obstensibly does nothing and thus was not assesed any type of foul.

I know none of you saw the play but I found it very difficult to DQ A2 and B2 for the kick (and miss) and the throwing of the ball. I believe we should have called them two seperate unsportsmanlike acts resulting in T's and each team should have shot two FT's. Do we have any flexability or do they have to be called fighting and DQ's?
Do not have to be fighting T's, they could be flagrant T's. I would *not* have assessed them seperately, I would have called them double flagrant & sent them both off.
Quote:
Since there is no fight between A3 and B6 I think we all agree I kicked it by giving B6 a T-I should have simply ejected him. Does the B coach get an indirect?

Read rule 10-11, it's a direct T for violating bench area restrictions with special provisions for going on court when there might be a fight. Immediate ejection added for this in addition to the penatly for direct T. Coach gets an indirect if the player actually fights, he des not if the player does not fight.
Quote:

This still leaves the question of B6 coming on the floor the 2nd time. When is a player no longer a player? Since I had not as yet reported the ejection to the table is he still a player?
No. He ceases being a player when he comes onto the court. The table has nothing to do with this.