Thread: Ponytails
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

My $0.02

To me, this fits the definition and definitely the spirit of an intentional foul. But I can't see myself calling this flagrant unless the hairpuller dragged the pullee to the ground or something really outrageous like that.

Pulling somebody's hair is way over the line. And if it were my hair being pulled, I'd be pissed as hell. By calling the intentional, you not only punish the act, but hopefully the pullee feels vindicated and we don't get into any retaliation.

As for worrying about whether a player gets suspended for a call you make, I think that's bogus thinking. It's the same mentality as saying refs shouldn't decide the game by calling fouls. The rules are fair and unbiased and form a contract between all the participants. They know which acts are legal and illegal and the penalties for committing illegal acts. If they break the rules, the official assesses the penalty everybody has agreed to.