View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by tmp44
My little brother was playing in his first ever varsity game last night, and being that I'm not working until my winter break, I went to go see him play. So you know it's going to be a long night, when the three officials take off their jackets, two of them have a v-neck on and one has a collar. OK..give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he forgot he shirt. But as the game went on..oo boy. A synopsis of some of the things that happened:

(1) Loose ball, ball rolling on the ground with both teams going after it, no control: TRAVEL.

(2) Holding on Black 44, who then pushes White 22 to the floor. Calling official comes to the table: "Black 44 (signified by a double handed 4), hold. Double Bonus, two shots. Black 44, dead ball intentional foul, two shots."

(3) Technical foul on a coach for calling a play.

(4) A foul on #10 for either team, when reported to the table, was a 5 and a 5 on both hands (i.e., what would be "55" in two-hand reporting).

(5) And the best one: Black 50 got his 5th foul. Table tells the calling official, who then does nothing. Doesn't tell the player, doesn't tell the coach. Nothing. What does coach do? Tells the player to stay in the game until both the player and coach are told...he stayed in for both foul shots until the officials realized what happened.

Something tells my your brother played on the Black team. Still, the stuff you're describing is pretty frustrating. Was it all one official? Do you know these refs? Are you in their association? This was VARSITY!?!? Wow.